Thursday, June 27, 2013

Nettle Quinoa Tart - Tarte ortie quinoa


I’m going to a picnic & I’m bringing something that begins with the letter ‘N’ again  just as last year ! LOL  And this time round I’m making a savory tart …Nettle & Quinoa Tart .  Lovely Louise of Months Of Edible Celebration is the host of this awesome Picnic Game in conjuction with International Picnic Day in June . I’m really glad to be part of this event for the 2nd year & I hope I’m not too late to join in the fun .  Everyone of us will bring a dish that  begins with the letter that have been choosen .  



Neetle  Quinoa Tart - Tarte ortie quinoa

Adapted from Nane I’a Fait

Ingredients:

150g quinoa
1 Tbsp mustard
1 egg white
1 egg yolk + 3 eggs
1 Tbsp olive oil
½ liter of milk
2 hand full of neetles
40g fresh goat cheese
Salt & pepper

Directions: 

1) Grease or line 20cm baking pan  . Cook quinoa with water for 15 min (as incated on the packet) . Remove from heat & set aside for 10 min . Add in mustard & mix well . Let to cool before adding the egg white & stir well . Spread evenly quinoa with a spoon over the cake pan . Let to cool completely for 1 hour . 

2) Preheat oven to 180°C  . Wash neetle few times with water & boil them for 1 min in boiling water . Drain  & roughly chopped the neetles .

3) Beat egg yolk together with the eggs. Add in milk ,  cheese , chopped neetles , salt & pepper . Mix well & pour gradually onto quinoa mixture .  Bake for 35 min till golden brown .
Bon Appetit 



I’m going for a picnic & I’m bringing

A… Aloo Gabi

B



 






M




R




V


X










18 comments:

  1. Hi Kit!

    I'm so excited that you are bringing a Nettle Quinoa Tart to the picnic! The addition of mustard was all I needed to know I and others are just going to LOVE it!!!

    I've never gone nettle gathering around here but I can see that should change:) I can't wait to nibble on that tart at the picnic.

    Thank you so much for joining us for the Picnic Game again this year, Kit, (I remember that Nougat of yours from last year:) Just wait until you see the rest of the goodies we are going to have. Our baskets are overflowing! "See" you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kit ,
    This is a must have, see you at the picnic ... yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks healthy and delicious. Love quinoa but have never had it in a pie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks excellent - not sure about nettles, do you think spinach would work just as well? Love the sound of the inclusion of mustard and goats cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks . Yes, You can replace nettles with spinach too. It taste as good as I use to make spinach & goat cheese quiche . Happy cooking & have a nice day ! = )

      Delete
  5. ivy sew http://simplybeautifulhealthyliving.blogspot.comJune 28, 2013 at 12:04 AM

    Hi Kit,
    this is so beautiful and healthy too. I am not going to miss this. Do reserve one for me plsss.. :) See you at the picnic...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi this is Ramya, from India. Your blog is beautiful. I love flowers too. I kept starring at most of your pictures. I loved your recipes too. Though I write about home remedies, I love to bake. Thanks for sharing the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kit,
    I am always ever so curious about nettle. I tried to find it over here but don't even know how to explain to the nurseries! I am so interested to get my hands on some nettle for something that I had in mind. Your tart looks so nice and I would really love to have a slice. I shall be the first in line over at your corner. See you at the picnic! And yes, peonies would be lovely, wink! And some fresh cherries would make my day! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kit , I never knew that you can cook nettle lol This tart look wonderful and I'm sure pretty tasty as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this tart looks wonderful. I’ve never tried nettle…it sounds so interesting. Must have a piece at the picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my...this looks terribly delicious. I'm bringing home some of your tart. Do you mind??? Wow...my basket is completely full even only half way through the picnic table! .>o<
    Hope you have fun too.
    cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been hearing that Nettle is good to cook with so I am really excited about your bringing this to the picnic. Now all I need to do is figure out how to identify it myself (I learned how to recognize wild ramps this spring!)! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never cooked with nettle before, but this is tempting! It looks and sounds wonderful. I hope there's some left...

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi kit, i hv to google and see what is nettle cos i nvr heard of that..hehe..i dont know how it taste like but your tart sure looks very beautiful to me !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kit, wah... your tart look so pretty. Look so sedap ley....should be nice to go with coffee. The cake stand look very elegant and classy. Your pics still look nice. :))

    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh that is such a wonderful addition to the picnic - I would definitely love a try - though I guess when you say two handfuls of nettles you mean gloved hands :-)

    ReplyDelete