Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Nectarine Cake With Cinnamon Nut Topping





We love coffee cakes with fruits & tasty nut topping, perfect treat to go with a cup of cappuccino . This is another delicious coffee cake with cinnamon nut topping & juicy  nectarines that I’ve harvested from out garden . I’ve baked this cake a couple of weeks ago but didn’t have the time to get it posted . I came across this recipe at Lena of Frozen Wings, a very talented lady . Always enjoyed visiting her blog with her delicious dishes all the time . If you don't know her blog by now, do hop over & you'll be amazed with her awesome blog .  This is the first time I've baked a cake with nectarine & really amazed by how tasty it is in bakes . Really love the tangy fruity flavour of the nectarines that goes very well with the nut topping . For the full recipe of this yummy cake , do drop by at Lena of Frozen Wings or HERE.



Jane Austen moment in Persuasion

Chapter 12

After attending Louisa through her business, and loitering about a little longer, they returned to the inn; and Anne, in passing afterwards quickly from her own chamber to their dining-room, had nearly run against the very same gentleman, as he came out of an adjoining apartment. She had before conjectured him to be a stranger like themselves, and determined that a well-looking groom, who was strolling about near the two inns as they came back, should be his servant. Both master and man being in mourning assisted the idea. It was now proved that he belonged to the same inn as themselves; and this second meeting, short as it was, also proved again by the gentleman's looks, that he thought hers very lovely, and by the readiness and propriety of his apologies, that he was a man of exceedingly good manners.  He seemed about thirty, and though not handsome, had an agreeable person.  Anne felt that he should like to know who he was.



Nectarine Cake With Cinnamon Nut Topping
For full recipe  click HERE


Submitting this post to  AlphaBakes event hosted this month by  Baking Addict from The More Than Occasional Baker Caroline from Caroline Makes with the random letter ' N'



The last Dahlias of the season  from my garden .









23 comments:

  1. lovely!! Nothing better than a nectarine cake. As usual beautiful presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cake looks so delicious. I love your matching plate with the nectarine on it. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of that a lot! I've never baked with fruit like that, did it retain it's flavour? Your pics are as lovely as always. I will definitely check out her blog. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely delicious I love nectarines im waiting for them now we are in spring!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kit, How are you? Always love to drop by your blog to admire your lovely picture and beautiful flowers. Oh, not forgetting your classy and elegant presentation too.

    Your this cake look excellent, very nice texture. Love the combination too, nice to go with a cup of coffee. Wish I can have one slice now for my breakfast. :)

    Have a nice week ahead, regards. With lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love nectarines and can imagine the lovely flavor in your cake!!Absolutely beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes! This is a truly delicious cake! I remembered this cake when I saw some nectarine at the market a couple of days ago! And now I'm seeing the cake again here! You are making me wish for a slice now!
    Gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This coffee cake looks amazing. I love your pictures they are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will love this type of coffee cake, sound so yummy..Oh, your Dahlias look so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks lovely! This would be great for Alphabakes if you want to send it in as well as the letter this month is N!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This cake is the perfect recipe for an autumn day! Loved it and your dahlias!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dahlias are incredible!!! I made a similar cake this summer...to rave reviews! A keeper for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful looking cake, and I love your blooms! They look amazing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello kit, i dont know why everything you baked also came out so lovely!! LOL! but true! glad to hear that you enjoyed the cake, i think zoe and joyce too enjoyed eating this cake as well! i'm so envious of all your flowers, those dahlias are so pretty!! i wld like to put one on my hair! LOL! thanks for the linkback!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh good, things are starting to look up for Anne.

    I'm so jealous of you growing nectarines in your garden, they look really good ones too. The cake also looks delicious and I shall hop over now to find out the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great way to use your homegrown nectarine ! Delicious bake , Kit ! These dahlias are beautiful ! Lena , who ?! lol I love Lena's blog !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kit, u always amuses me with all your elegant and pretty looking cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful presentation. Cake looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Kit, I was saying your garden is always full of surprises. I am amaze with all the fruits and flowers you have in your garden.
    Nectarine coffee cake sounds super delish!
    Yes, I agreed Lena is a takented and awesome lady..:)

    mui..^^

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the sound of this cake - nectarines and the cinnamon nut topping. It looks and sounds delicious. Thanks for entering AlphaBakes!

    ReplyDelete