Thursday, March 8, 2012

Strawberry Bonbon Crème Brûlée








Jane's corner

He had frightened her a little about Mr. Elton; but when she considered that Mr. Knightley could not have observed him as she had done, neither with the interest, nor (she must be allowed to tell herself, in spite of Mr. Knightley's pretensions) with the skill of such an observer on such a question as herself, that he had spoken it hastily and in anger, she was able to believe, that he had rather said what he wished resentfully to be true, than what he knew any thing about. He certainly might have heard Mr. Elton speak with more unreserve than she had ever done, and Mr. Elton might not be of an imprudent, inconsiderate disposition as to money matters; he might naturally be rather attentive than otherwise to them; but then, Mr. Knightley did not make due allowance for the influence of a strong passion at war with all interested motives. Mr. Knightley saw no such passion, and of course thought nothing of its effects; but she saw too much of it to feel a doubt of its overcoming any hesitations that a reasonable prudence might originally suggest; and more than a reasonable, becoming degree of prudence, she was very sure did not belong to Mr. Elton.

Emma - Jane Austen (1816)




Strawberry Bonbon Crème Brûlée - Crème brûlée aux fraise Tagada

Ingredients: serves 6

100g Tagada strawberry bonbon or any chewy strawberry candies but not chewing gum!
400 ml single or liquid cream
6 egg yolks
6 tbsp of pink crystallized sugar
6 ramekins

Directions:


1)Preheat oven to 110° C. Cut strawberry candies in pieces.


2) Place the cream & pieces of candies in a sauce pan over low heat. Do not bring it to the boil , just slightly heated. Remove from heat & stir till all the pieces of candies melted.


3) Beat egg yolks in a small bowl. Pour in the beaten egg yolks into the cream mixture & stir till all combined;



4) Pour the mixture into ramekins. Place ramekins on a roasting pan with enough boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of ramekins. Bake for 1 hour till the crémes are set. Remove from water & let crème to cool

5) Place in refrigerator for at least an hour. Topped each  créme with a tbsp of pink sugar & caramelized it by using a kitchen torch just before serving.


Bon Appetit
.

38 comments:

  1. I'm sure I can smell sweet strawberries whilst reading this post, doesn't the mind play funny tricks on us sometimes. Wonderful photos and such beautiful roses, I love the idea of melting the sweeties into the egg/custard mix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely words! Yes, how true that the mind do play tricks on us sometimes! And makes our imagination runs wild too! Have a lovely day! : )

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing! I bet it was divine! Also I love how it is pink! Have a wonderful week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Serena for your lovely comment. It tasted like creamy candies ! Have a lovely week to you too! : )

      Delete
  3. Look beautiful love the color too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Gloria for your lovely words, dear! : )

      Delete
  4. I've just started exploring different flavors of creme brulee...and yours looks fabulous. I had to laugh at your boys...mine would probably eat pink desserts without complaining, but neither will wear a pink shirt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy. LOL, I guess boys will be boys & wearing pink is a big no-no for my sons too. But I must confessed that I always want to make something pink coz I love pink. That will make my boys eyes roll up again! LOL, nevertheless they still like to eat this créme brûlée. It's true that they are quite a variaty of Crème bruûlée nowdays. And most them are delicious! : )

      Delete
  5. This is interesting.I never had any fruit creme brulee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Balvinder. Yes, they are quite a variety of crèmé brûlées even with fruits. Last year I've made Lavender crème brûlée & I'll be posting more crème brûléé recipes in the future & share them here. Have a lovely weekend ! : )

      Delete
  6. one of my very good friends has an absolute weakness for creme brulle! this one takes it even further with strawberry bonbons! I'll link her to this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shu Han for linking your friend to my space! Actually me too have the same weakness for crème brûlée as your friend. Simply can't resist ! LOL

      Delete
  7. Such a bright and scintillating delight to light up the Women's Day!
    I loved that pink hue and the texture in all. Lovely.
    I'd love if you could link it to the event.

    Event : Cakes, Cookies and Desserts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anjali for your lovely words. Sure, love to join the event & thanks for the invitation! : )

      Delete
  8. wow, i've never seen a pink creme brulee! It looks special and yeah, boys would probably shy away from taking pink desserts but i think these creme brulees must have taste so good that your boys love them!Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lena for your lovely comment. Yes,,my boys love candies so my guess was , they will like these crème brûlée even though the color doesn't appeal to them! hehehehehe

      Delete
  9. lovely n tempting clicks n preperation....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faseela , you 're so sweet! Have a lovely weekend! : )

      Delete
  10. I just found your blog! I love it here! Amazing desert and great presentation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elpiniki for dropping by. Glad that you like my space & hope to see you again! Have a lovely day! : )

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by & your lovely words! Have a nice day! : )

      Delete
  12. Very creative use of bon bons! I am sure that it gave this brulee a wonderful flavor. I am partial to strawberries. Also, I love the blush color-stunning. Well done. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina. What I love most in this crème brûlée is the pinkish color & also the candy flavor. Really reminded me of my childhood! Have a lovely weekend to you too! : )

      Delete
  13. Hi Kit,Love your strawberry cream brulee. Your presentation is really gorgeous and you take beautiful picture too. Have a nice weekend.
    Regards
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amelia. Thanks for your lovely words! I'm novist in blogging & above that a PC dummy!! But I'm learning everyday. Thanks for your encouragement. I do appreciate it. You too, have a lovely weekend! : )

      Delete
  14. wow creme brulee with haribo gummies is a first! love the pinkish hue :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ghee Thanks Junia! Ya, I love the pinkish color too, That's why I wanna make! My favorite color! : )

      Delete
  15. Beautiful, delicious and unique - a perfect dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks so good,what a great idea :)yum yum!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clairejustine. Have a lovely day! : )

      Delete
  17. Oooh,creme brulee is one of my favourites,where DO you find these unusual recipes?! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bellaboo. This recipe is from a magazine few years ago. My youngest son love to cut out magazine recipes for me. So I don't really know from which magazine this recipe from. But I guess it's from a children magazine.

      Delete
  18. Yummy Yummy........iam sure this tastes simply superb....Going 2 try this soon......
    Maha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maha for dropping by. Do try & I'm sure your children will love it! Have a lovely day! : )

      Delete
  19. What an inspired combination! I'd have never thought of combining my favourite sweet with my favourite dessert (well one of my favourites...I have plenty!!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! What an awesome idea, this looks divine! Thanks Kit for visiting me and for your sweet comment on my Cheese Crackers recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved the click & the interesting recipe!! I'm definitely gonna try this :)

    ReplyDelete